yadm - Yet Another Dotfiles Manager
yadm is a tool for managing dotfiles.
- Based on Git, with full range of Git's features
- Supports system-specific alternative files or templated files
- Encryption of private data using GnuPG, OpenSSL, transcrypt, or git-crypt
- Customizable initialization (bootstrapping)
- Customizable hooks for before and after any operation
Complete features, usage, examples and installation instructions can be found on the yadm.io website.
A very quick tour
# Initialize a new repository yadm init # Clone an existing repository yadm clone <url> # Add files/changes yadm add <important file> yadm commit # Encrypt your ssh key echo '.ssh/id_rsa' > ~/.config/yadm/encrypt yadm encrypt # Later, decrypt your ssh key yadm decrypt # Create different files for Linux vs MacOS yadm add path/file.cfg##os.Linux yadm add path/file.cfg##os.Darwin
If you enjoy using yadm, consider adding a star to the repository on GitHub. The star count helps others discover yadm.